People have come from all corners of the world to attend my “KnowYour Antiques” courses and enjoy a break away in rural Angus. There are beautiful Glens to explore, numerous golf courses and stately homes all very close by.
The Garden Suite sleeps 2 in twin beds and the Courtyard Suite sleeps 2 with a double bed and a small single bed. Linen and towels are provided.
The nearest airport and train station are located in Dundee, which is around twenty minutes by car from Pitscandly.
Alternatively, Aberdeen is an hour’s drive away and Edinburgh is an hour and a half. Both are served cheaply by many different airlines and good rail lines.
Gow Antiques workshop is situated between Dundee and Aberdeen on the A90.
- If travelling North take the exit off for Forfar opposite the McDonalds (fast food)
- Continue straight into town through two sets of traffic lights, (not counting two sets of pedestrian lights)
- After the second set of traffic lights the road begins to bear right, go straight ahead signed to Brechin, Lunanhead and Aberlemno on B 9134.
- Go through the village of Lunanhead which is 1 mile outside of Forfar
- Take the first turning on the right, 1/4 mile after village, signposted to Myreside
- Take the next left, up the drive, and the workshop is in the farmyard on the left
Cars can be hired from:
- Arnold Clark, East Dock Street, Dundee. Tel: 01382 225 382
- Avis, Old Dock Street Dundee. Tel: 01382 832 264
- Avis 24 hour Reservation. Tel: 0870 6060100 www.avis.co.uk
- Enterprise rent-a-car, 131 Seagate, Dundee. Tel: 01382 666 400
Forfar is in the heart of Angus in between Dundee and Aberdeen, with the sea to the east and the unspoilt beach of Lunan bay.
- To the west and north area the Angus Glens offer excellent hill walking in beautiful unspoilt surroundings.
- There are also many stately homes and gardens which can be visited whether National Trust or private. Glamis Castle is 6 miles with many examples of furniture we have restored.
- There are about ten golf courses within half an hour of all standards, with the pro courses of Carnoustie and St. Andrews not far away.
- Various country sports are on offer, fishing on the North and South Esk are both excellent sea trout and salmon rivers.
- Shooting and stalking both possible on nearby estates, depending on the time of year.
A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to reserve a place, with the balance payable four weeks in advance of the course. To register for a course please contact us
Our courses have been attended by the Art and Antiques Unit of Scotland Yard, antique dealers from all different fields from all over the globe, collectors, and guides of stately homes, farmers, and many other enthusiasts including a helicopter pilot! Our youngest participant was 19 and our eldest has been 84 so everyone is very welcome!